Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Two Apps that Save Big Bucks

Yes, I am a couponer.  One of those that watched Extreme Couponing in envy, wondering if I could be that good one day. I just don't have 5 hours to commit to couponing.  I took down their tips and mixed that with technology to make the process much faster and efficient. I LOVE my tablet, the Motorola Xoom.  Her name is Xoomy and she makes my life so much easier.  Here are my top two apps and the best ways to use them.

App No 1

Coupons.com  This site is amazing for manufacturer's coupons.  The software takes just a minute to download onto your desktop to allow you to print off the coupons.  There is also an app for your smartphone or tablet where you can browse through coupons, check the ones you like and email them to your desktop.  This saves a ton of time, I look for coupons while waiting in lines at stores/banks etc. or while I'm rocking baby Ava to sleep.

There are a ton of coupon apps in the App Store and Play Store (formally Android Market). 

App No 2

Grocery Smart Coupon Shopper app is my next favorite.  These wonderful people search through all your local Weekly Circulars and cross reference coupons to bring you an Excel spreadsheet with the best deals at a glance.  Their website www.grocerysmarts.com has printable coupons like coupons.com, but at the top left of the site is where you can view Weekly Circulars.  Select your state, then on the next page select All-In-One.  This will give you a complete list of local Walmart, Rite-Aid, CVS, Walgreen's and Target aids.  Look for the green font for FREE and EXTREME deals.

Example of utilizing these two together.  I went on Coupons.com because I was out of shampoo and needed lotion and wanted to go ahead and get Halloween candy.  I printed off a coupon for $1.00 off Panteen shampoo and conditioner and $2.00 off Vaseline lotion. I went on Grocery Smarts and saw that CVS has a sale on Halloween candy, 2/$5 bag and spend $10 get $3 CVS cash.  And Vaseline lotion has a $1 CVS Cash.  I purchased the candy and lotion, and used the rewards to buy the shampoo and conditioner.  Add these with my coupons and CVS rewards gave me an additional $.50 off coupon and $1 off any shampoo and conditioner (except saloon quality).  I got the shampoo, conditioner, 4 bags of candy and cocoa butter lotion for $17 (including tax).  The bags of candy were $10 themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment